An upset customer easily gets the attention of the customer service department, and the contact agent handling their situation has to do something to calm them down. The customer expects the agent to respond and say something; otherwise, things might get worse. Do you work in customer service in Italian and you don’t know what to say or do to such a customer?
Your experience in customer service does not really matter. Angry customers will always exist, and this is where your skills as a customer service agent come in. What you say to such customers is important because it becomes a vital part of their experience that they will include in their feedback.
So, where do you start?
Make them comfortable by listening. An angry customer is just that – angry. Now, it is your job to make that customer comfortable despite their anger. Allow them to express themselves. Listen to them and note the fact in all their complaints. Acknowledge their feelings about the situation and let them know you are aware of what they are going through. Tell the customer something that is important to them at that moment and reassure them that you will help with a resolution.
Here are a ten phrases to try;
- I apologize for this trouble.
- Please tell me more about the issue you are facing.
- This should not be happening; I can understand why you’re upset.
- This is an important problem, and I’ll work on it right away.
- I am going to do this for you now.
- Please work with me so we can fix this.
- I want to fix this for you right away.
- Is this solution going to work for you?
- What is the best way to take care of this?
- Try this method and let me know if it works.
Customer service in Italian can always go smoothly if only customer service representatives say the right words to angry customers. Try out these phrases and make your work easier.