Getting into shape doesn’t have to be difficult. It doesn’t require you to spend hours in the gym, and it doesn’t even mean you are not allowed to eat your favorite food, such as pizza and ice cream. You can have it all and then some if you’re willing to follow a plan. The problem for most people who do not even try is that they can’t follow a plan because they don’t have accountability.
Bodybuilder and entrepreneur, Damen Griffith, states that there are certain things to take note of when going through one’s fitness journey. Backed by 14 years of lifting and nutrition experience and over eight years of experience as a fitness coach, Griffith created a primer to orient his prospective clients about the types of food the body needs in order to perform optimally and ideal eating habits as part of his one-on-one coaching program. However, the guide is also available for people who are generally interested to learn about the basics of dieting.
In Damen Griffith’s e-book, Managing Your Foods for Your Goals, he emphasizes the significant role of excellent dieting when it comes to health and fitness. He takes into account the importance of certain foods and liquids that are being consumed by individuals in achieving their goals. He also highlights that a bad diet cannot be outworked.
His guide includes information about how to achieve extreme fat loss or weight loss, how to build lean muscle mass, and how to burn fat. In addition, he also elaborates on the best proteins, carbohydrates, and fats to consume throughout the day, and the best times to eat specific foods. Aside from those, there are also data concerning the use of revolutionary methods that have successfully produced results for thousands of clients.
The book is divided into two sections: (1) weight loss and fat loss; and (2) lean, quality mass gains with fat burn or at least no fat gain. Under each section of the book, he generally explains different nutrients, the timing of food intake, and proper food portioning:
- Protein: As the basic building block of muscle, it is essential to know how it relates to burning fat and enhancing physique.
- Carbohydrates: Beyond elementary science textbooks, there is more to know about carbohydrates, which can be classified as simple or complex. The former can be easily absorbed by the body and can cause you to bloat and gain weight. On the other hand, the main role of complex carbohydrates is to keep metabolism high and to help maintain the levels of muscle and energy.
- Fats: SImilar to carbohydrates, fats have the good and the bad, which you must be wary about. Good fats include polyunsaturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fats, and monounsaturated fats, some of their benefits are helping control hunger and carrying vitamins throughout the body. Meanwhile, saturated and trans fats are known to be bad fats.
- Water: This is the most essential liquid needed by the body, regardless if you’re trying to get into shape. It is advisable that you drink at least about half your body weight in ounces.
- Timing of foods and portions: Aside from knowing what to eat, you have to know when to eat and how much to eat. Food timing is fundamental to avoid binge eating and disrupting your fitness plan.
If you are interested to access the complete guide, you are welcome to sign up for a free copy of it here. In addition to Damen Griffith’s expertise on food and nutrition, he also offers one-on-one coaching and mentorship programs. To avail of his service and expertise, you can visit his website and accomplish the intake form to tell him about yourself and your situation. From there, he will create a plan just for you, which will optimize you so you can perform at your best and get the results you want.